All Classes are taught with Positive Reinforcement Methods. We do sell soft treats if you are not sure what you are to bring. A treat recipe is at the bottom of the page, as well. We begin with Cheerios only in the Puppy Socials Class until students are further instructed on what to bring. A Port-a-John is on the property.
I recommend a crate for your dog to travel in or a doggie seat belt.
UPDATE January 9, 2021 Due to COVID and CDC recomandations Masks are required to be worn properly.
You Will Need:
(treat bags and clickers can be purchased at the training center):
- Buckle Collars only. Choke collars are not permitted in the puppy class.
- A leather leash is preferred and are sold at the Training Center. You may use a light nylon leash to start.
- A treat bag, fanny pack, for your treats and a clicker. All participating members of the family must wear one.
- Cheerios only for Puppy Socialization for Lesson One and Two. Use only cheerios at home as well.
- Higher classes see recipe below or any soft treats of your choice
- Lesson three you may add some meat treats to your cheerios.
- Dress comfortably, tennis shoes are preferred.
- Bring your own water bowl, such that has a lid on with your dogs name on. Do not leave at the center. They will be tossed. Water is available if you run out of water.
Please bring a towel , mat, or blanket for your puppy to sit on.
- Bring vaccinations records if not mailed in initially. All students must have current records.
- A yearly and Stool Check with negative results. Proof is required from your vet.
- Kennel Cough
- Flea and tick preventive is required Check with your vet for their recommendations.
- Heartworm preventive is recommended, please check with your vet for recommendations for your area.
- Please pick up after your own dog.
- All dogs to remain on leash unless otherwise instructed.
- Leashes must be worn at all times outside in the exercise areas.
- Do not let your dog charge up to another dog in a crated area.
- Children are welcome to come and participate. Note, children must be able to take instruction from the trainer. All children five and under must be accompanied by a second adult.
- Cell phones should be turned off during class, notify instructor if phone must be on for emergency purposes.
- Ohkom Farms reserves the right to combine smaller classes. Maximum students per class is eight, minimum is four.
Visit the Ohkom Class & Event Calendar
Download the Registration Form
Learn More About Our Online Classes
A simple recipe is to take a hot dog (beef or chicken), cut in half long ways, then long ways again so you have four strips. Cut those strips in to cubes. Lay flat on a paper towel and microwave for one minute. Mix the cheerios and the hot dog in a baggie so the cheerios will absorb the juice. This will help make a smelling tempting treat for training!
Bad Weather information
You will be required to call at least one hour prior to classes if the roads are inclement during the winter months. Classes will only be cancelled if half the class cancels. I must have time to inform the remaining students. Please note I do not have a phone at the building, but please leave a message if you are in the second set of classes. Dress weather-appropriate to be comfortable. Students should check emails, Facebook, or the Ohkom Calendar page, for weather cancellations, or CALL as a last resort.
Notices will be sent by EMAIL, posted on the Ohkom Calendar, and on our Facebook page. If you wish to receive updates, please e-mail me at email@example.com with your email address in the body of the letter or put on your Registration Form. Ultimately it is your responsibility to look at the Calendar for upcoming classes and register on time. Also, please Like our Ohkom Farms Facebook page, where I update, as well. Current students will be able to sign up for their next class at the training center.
To view our training pictures, click one below